Thursday, August 30, 2012

One great athlete! - By Jouan


Have you ever heard about a great olympic athlete called Mariana Avitia? Her full name is Mariana Avitia Martínez. She was born in September 18, 1993 in Monterrey, Mexico. She is in the Archery Women's Mexican team.

The sport that Mariana competes in is Archery. As you may have heard she is really good at it. She won bronze for the individual women's Archery in the london 2012 summer olympics. At the 2008 Beijing summer olympics she finished her ranking round with a total of 641 points. The women's Mexican team (Mariana Avitia’s team) finished with a gold in the 2011 Guadalajara Pan American Games!!!

The reason I picked Mariana Avitia as my favorite athlete is because when I saw her play Archery in the olympics on television... I was amazed of what she can do. I was very inspired by her determination. Just by watching on television she taught me to never give up whatever happens!!!

I hope you have learnt something from this story. And also enjoyed it. Whatever your goal is don’t stop untill you reach it. Even if it takes a while, keep going!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Room 7 loves getting comments so please come back again soon!