Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Favourite Athlete - By Uili


Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world and was born on the 21st of August 1986. As he grew up in Jamaica he attended Waldensia primary school, from then on he started to show off his sprinting skills. Bolt ran in the annual national primary school competition. At the age of 12 he had become the fastest in the school at the 100 meter sprint.

Bolt comes from a country where reggae music started and I really like reggae music. Did you know that bolt’s first sport was actually cricket. He was a bowler, because he was so tall he tried out athletic sports like running. He was really good at running so he focused on it, but sometimes he would play cricket with his friend’s sometimes.

This year at the 2012 London Olympics Bolt competed in the 100m race and the 200m as well. The funniest thing about him is that whenever he is getting ready to race he was the tallest. He won 6 gold medals in the 2008 olympics and this year’s olympics altogether. Bolt really inspires me because he is the fastest man in the world, I really don’t like running but when I watch him I feel like going to the Olympics.

I wonder if I would run in the Olympics next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Room 7 loves getting comments so please come back again soon!