Monday, May 7, 2012

Swimming - it's going to be great! - By Jouan


New Zealand is surrounded by water, so people that live in New Zealand should know or learn how to swim. We are so lucky because our school has swimming lessons and everyone loves it. If you want to find out about the fantastic two weeks of swimming lessons than this is the perfect story for you!!

“YAY” our class said, it’s finally time for our swimming lessons at the Glen Innes aquatic centre. Everyone is so excited, I mean who doesn't love swimming? Anxiously walking to the pools, I thought of all the new things I'm going to learn. As I walked through the doors of the pool, I got greeted by the strong smell of chlorine.

Trying to get changed as quick as I can, my friend told me to hurry up! We had time for a little bit of a gossip in the changing room but then we really had to hurry up! Finally I’m done. Once I got out Mr. S gave me 10 green cards! Almost time to get into the pool. Exited!

Jumping in the warm pool I I took a test to see how good I was in swimming. There was a team one (learning), two (good) and three (great). It turns out I’m really good at swimming! For the first day I swam in the really deep pool, my confidence slowly swam out of my reach. The water was a lot colder but I can handle it. Our instructor gave us a board and told us to swim one length of the pool kicking. At first I thought it was going to be easy but as I got to the middle of the pool my leg muscles got tired... then more tired, untill I just had to STOP! My instructor told me to keep going as I’m almost at the end, and I had no choice but to listen to her. “Ok,” the teacher told me, “You will be in group two from now on.” There is no doubt that for the next two weeks it will be great. I love Swimming!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jouan
    I really enjoyed your story by the way you are a very good swimmer. You are very talented.
    From Anamei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jouan
    What a wonderful story about your swimming lessons at the pool, it was so interesting. Keep it up I can not wait until your next post.

    From: Giselle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Room 7 loves getting comments so please come back again soon!